Basketball wins big in first two league games

Menlo started off their league season with back to back blowout wins. Staff Photo by Bella Scola.

By Silas Stewart

Menlo boys basketball kickstarted their league season with a dominating win over Pinewood on Wednesday night by a score of 66-38. This adds to the Knight’s momentum, as they have only recorded one loss this season.

The Knights jumped out to a 25-8 lead in the first quarter and never looked back. “It felt great to get out to an early, strong lead like that. Because of our early strength, we were able to get guys in that don’t usually get in as much,” senior Joe Foley said.

Foley scored 11 points, and fellow senior leader Thomas Brown added 16 points and seven rebounds. Ty Corley and Andy Fisher, who don’t normally get a lot of playing time, combined for seven points and five rebounds. In total, 10 players scored for the Knights.

The Knights then followed up their win over Pinewood with a thrashing of East Side Prep. Once again, seniors Joe Foley and Thomas Brown led the way for Menlo. Brown added his first dunk of his Menlo career, a play that got the crowd very riled up and further fueled the Knights to victory.

Menlo will play their next game versus Sacred Heart Prep on Tuesday January 9.