Top 10 Fall Activities

Leaves+changing+at+the+start+of+the+fall+season.+Staff+Photo%3A+Vionna+Eshghi.+

Leaves changing at the start of the fall season. Staff Photo: Vionna Eshghi.

Vionna Eshghi, Arts & Lifestyle Editor

1. Carve pumpkins- Make a trip to places like Webb Ranch in Portola Valley and grab a few friends for this classic fall activity.
  2. Make fall treats- As the weather cools down, what better way to stay warm at home than treating yourself to delicious apple pie or pumpkin bread? Surprise your friends and family with tasty sweets that will brighten up any cloudy day.
  3. Go to a haunted house- Convince some friends to come with you– this definitely isn’t something you want to do alone! For the best haunted house, visit Fear Overload Scream Park in San Leandro with general admission of $25.99 on Sundays through Fridays, and $30.99 on Saturdays and on Halloween.
  4. Have a scary movie marathon with friends- Pick up a few of your favorite movie snacks or fall treats to enjoy with this October activity. A few classics to see include “The Shining,” “The Conjuring,” “The Purge” and “The Exorcist.”
  5. Boo people- Show your love this fall by surprising friends or family with small bucket of Halloween treats at their doorstep for them to discover the next morning. Bonus points if you ring the doorbell without getting caught!  
  6. Find your way through a corn maze- This fun and daring activity will bring excitement to your fall season. With a $7 parking fee on weekends, take friends to the corn maze at Uesugi Farms in San Martin and make your way through!
  7. Throw a costume party- Decorate your house and invite your friends to get into the Halloween spirit!
  8. Cheer at fall sports games- Throw on your Sea of Gold shirts and support Menlo sports with friends!
  9. Go to Great America’s Halloween Haunt- This activity is a must for any Halloween lovers! To avoid the busy ticket booth, buy your tickets online for as low as $34, but be sure to bring you student ID to the front gate on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Sept. 21 to Oct. 26 for discounts on park admission.
  10. Go Black Friday shopping- Grab your wallet and a cup of coffee for some post  Thanksgiving shopping. Still tired       from turkey the night before? Online shopping on Cyber Monday is also an option.