School Kicks off with Back To School Dance

As always, Menlo kicked off the beginning of the school year with another welcome back dance. The dance was announced at our first assembly of the year in which a video was presented of various Menlo students passing round an Olympic torch on campus. The theme was presented as “team USA”, based off of their recent success in the 2012 London Olympics, but was later altered, as the student body did not want to limit it to just “Team USA”, but rather any other team or country a student would want to represent that participated in the Olympics. Usually, not many students partake in dressing up as the theme, but student council was able to convince many to dress up by reducing the ticket price for dressed students. Many showed up in costume, from USA basketball jerseys, to team Great Britain uniforms. “Usually theme’s aren’t very specific are or just very random, the Olympics theme worked very well as it was current,” Junior Kelsey Better said. All in all, the dance was a great experience that the student body enjoyed, and was a great way to enter into the new 2012-2013 school year.