Seniors commit to collegiate athletics at top schools

Wiley Osbourne (Dartmouth)

Since Kindergarten, lacrosse has been senior Wiley Osbourne’s passion. He will be continuing his passion in college at Dartmouth, playing Division 1 lacrosse. After going through a two year recruitment process, Osbourne chose Dartmouth because he “liked the coaches and the players, and [he’s] had a lot of family go there. It’s also a good opportunity to get a great education.” While he’s ecstatic to continue his lacrosse career at the Division 1 level, Osbourne said, “I think it will be hard to balance the challenging academics and the time commitment that a Division 1 sport requires.” Dartmouth also boasts a revamp in training facilities and new coaches, and Osbourne is excited to be participating in a program that is “on the rise.”

Austin Marcus (Bucknell)Another varsity star, senior Austin Marcus, committed to Bucknell for Division 1 baseball last week. For Marcus, the recruitment process was “really stressful because it was a big decision,” but overall he enjoyed being sought out by coaches and interacting with them throughout the process. “I knew I wanted to play Division 1, so it was a matter of deciding between Division 1 schools. Bucknell’s the best fit for me academic-wise, and I hear it’s just a fun time,” Marcus said, adding “I also want to go to school where they believe in me, and Bucknell and its coaches definitely believe in me.” Although Marcus’s main reasons for choosing Bucknell were Division 1 baseball and impressive academics, he is excited to experience all aspects of Bucknell next fall.