Weekly Playlist: Best YouTube Covers

Sometimes listening to the same four songs on the radio can get monotonous. These talented artists switched up the songs so that they have a different feel to them. Here are our favorite YouTube covers.

Gillian Bressie | Staff Reporter
Kaitlyn Tom | Staff Reporter

1. Radioactive by Imagine Dragons– Lindsey Stirling and Pentatonix

Pentatonix, a five member acapella group teams up with Lindsey Stirling, a girl who plays violin while dancing, in this cool rendition of the hit song.

2. Maps by Maroon 5–MAX and Alyson Stoner

You may remember her as Caitlyn from Camp Rock, but Alyson Stoner has really grown up, and this cover she did with MAX combines the old sound of the song along with some different instruments and harmonies.

3. Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People–Jayme Dee

Before she made her original song, Tiptoes, Jayme Dee was just another YouTube artist covering her favorite songs. In her rendition of Pumped up Kicks, she showcases her unique acoustic style and relaxing voice.

4. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran — Alex G

This is a cool rendition of the popular Ed Sheeran song. It has an acoustic touch to it.

5. Shake it Off by Taylor Swift–Miranda Sings

Miranda Sings is a very popular youtuber, with her funny videos on the website. Take a listen to her sing a Taylor Swift hit – it is sure to be quite entertaining.

6. Steal my Girl by One Direction–Jeffrey Miller

Even though Jeffrey seems young, he has quite a good voice and great guitar skills.

7. Not Over You by Gavin DeGraw–Alex Goot and Against the Current

Alex Goot, who has been known for his covers since 2000 joins with an up and coming band, Against the Current, composed of two boys and one girl.

8. Titanium by David Guetta ft. Sia–Madilyn Bailey

Using the song as a springboard, Madily Bailey makes this song a heartfelt one.

9. Leave Your Lover by Sam Smith–Siren Gene

Upcoming as one of the top singers in the YouTube world, Siren Gene really raises the bar with her version of the classic Sam Smith song.

10. Royals by Lorde–Jasmine Thompson and Seye

A singer from England, Jasmine Thompson, pairs up with Seye on guitar for an acoustic version of the song “Royals”.