Dos and Don’ts of Thanksgiving

With November 26th fast approaching, it’s hard to not get caught up in the Thanksgiving frenzy. From turkey to gravy to stuffing to pumpkin pie, food is on the minds of all. Thanksgiving is that one day of the year where people can forget all their worries and stuff their faces with food without being judged. It’s the day to be thankful for your family and friends and cherish the memories being made.

Creative commons Satya Murthy

Kaitlin Baldwin | Staff Reporters | Maudie Frye

The Do’s:
Make a gratitude list. An attitude of gratitude will attract positive energy and will bring you joy!
Eat lots of tukey. It’s okay to gain 10 pounds because you need the extra layers in the winter cold.
Go on a hike on the big day. It’s a good way to start burning off the turkey and it makes you even more hungry for the meal!
Give lots of hugs and tell everyone how much you love them! Thanksgiving is the day to show some love.
Force yourself to be extra cheery when answering all the questions from your distant relatives. As annoying as some of these questions can be, they just want to hear about your life and how your year went!
Have a Friendsgiving! Everyone needs another excuse to spend time with their besties. Also everyone needs another excuse to eat more food…

The Don’ts:
Don’t fall asleep right after the big meal. While turkey does make you tired, you need to stay up and enjoy the party!
Don’t get into any fights with siblings. We all know how annoying siblings sometimes can be, but everyone will be so much happier if it’s a fight-free Thanksgiving.
Don’t be a debbie downer because you’re spending Thanksgiving with people you don’t really know. Take the time and get to know them! Who knows, they might be cool.
Don’t overstress about cooking that you forget to spend time with your loved ones! Everyone just wants to spend time together, the food is just a perk.
Don’t set the kitchen on fire. If you do, your Thanksgiving meal may be a no-go.
Don’t exclude people from Thanksgiving festivities! The more the merrier.