The Dos and Don’ts of Semi

With Semi coming up in just under a week, there are lots of different factors to consider and decisions to make regarding what to do before, during, and after the dance. The gym will be transformed into a mini-Hollywood with red carpets lining the entrance and gold, glittery accents covering the surroundings. Semi is hands down one of the most popular school events of the year. To make the most out of Semi, consider these tips.

Kaitlin Baldwin | Staff Reporter

Creative commons photo by Laurariumartín on Flickr

The Dos
If you have a date, talk to him or her beforehand. Things will go more smoothly and the night will be way more fun and less stressful
Check out all the cool activities that are offered. From photo booths to fortune tellers, the activities in the past have been very memorable.
Wear what you want to wear. Whether it’s fancy or casual, all outfits are welcome.
Take lots of photos. Photos are a good way to capture memories!
Bring your best dance moves. It’s time to shake it.

The Don’ts
Don’t be exclusive. Whether it’s a semi pre-party or after party, make sure no one feels left out.
Don’t be a diva. We all know and are excited that the theme is Hollywood, but we don’t need the extra drama.
Don’t be the person who awkwardly stands in the corner and doesn’t dance. Remember, Semi is a dance and it will be 10000000 times more fun if everyone is out on the dance floor!
Don’t feel pressured to have a date. Anyone can go no matter what!
Don’t leave super early. It makes the room feel super empty and ruins the atmosphere!