“The Miracle Worker” opens this weekend

The Menlo school drama department will be debuting their winter production of “The Miracle Worker”

Photos by Tripp Robbins.

By Amanda Crisci

This weekend the winter play, The Miracle Worker, will come to the Menlo community. This play tells the story of Helen Keller, a girl who was born blind and deaf in 1880, and chronicles her journey of learning communication.

The play stars junior Maya Donato as Helen Keller, senior Jessie Guthrie as Helen’s tutor Annie Sullivan, junior Kate Lucas as Helen’s mother Kate Adams, and Dr. Charles Hanson as Helen’s father Arthur H. Keller.

The cast for this show is notably smaller than previous Menlo productions, this time only being comprised of 11 Menlo students. The show opens this Friday, the 5th and has performances on Saturday the 6th and Sunday the 7th. 

Tickets are still on sale for all of the performances, however, the performance on Friday is now sold out. 

unspecified-1

Guthrie and senior Marco Papadoyannis rehearse a scene during a dress rehearsal.

unspecified-2

The cast rehearses the Keller family dinner scene.

unspecified-3

Donato and Guthrie rehearse a scene between Helen and Annie.