An Inside Look into Tech Week

Enjoy the play last weekend? Check out this photo essay to get an inside look at the demanding “tech week” that the students and production staff attend each day leading to the show’s debut. Everything from final set touches to nailing down important scenes to taking breaks to socialize takes place during tech week. See the photos below for further details.

By Celia Fritsch

photo 6

Before rehearsals can begin, technical director Tripp Robbins sets up the soundboard at the beginning of tech week.

photo 9

Seniors Kelly Buck, Lucas Loaiza (red sweater) and Jessie Guthrie (grey sweatpants) rehearse one of their many scenes.

photo 2

The majority of the cast running through the opening number while they are on break.

Photo1

During on of her breaks, senior Kelly Buck finishes up her homework among the various blankets of the cast. Students try to find times like these – when they are not in a scene being rehearsed – to complete their school work.

photo 7

Student technical director and light board operator Noah Listgarten fixes the back stage lights of the set.

photo 8

Assistant Director, Evanne Barcenas, adds some final details and finishing touches to the set.

photo 3

Freshman Jordan Gold, one of the play’s leads, relaxes on the quad during the long hours of tech week.

photo 11

Director Steven Minning helps seniors Lucas Loaiza, Jessie Guthrie, and Kelly Buck develop their characters.

photo 12

Seniors Lucas Loaiza, Kelly Buck, Jessie Guthrie and junior PJ Frantz joke around in between scenes.

photo 14

Cast members take a break as the final lighting and set pieces are added to the stage.

photo 15

Robbins and Listgarten fix broken lighting equipment before a long day of rehearsal.

photo 4

Freshmen cast members Arushi Saha (right) and Clara Guthrie (left) await their cue to go on stage.

photo 5

Cast members huddle together among the blankets to keep warm at a night time rehearsal.

photo 16

Barcenas and dance choreographer Jan Chandler watch the ongoing scene.

photo 17

Minning watches for character errors in the ongoing scene as Laoiza and Guthrie try to stay warm.

photo 18

Cast members run the final scene of act one in costumes for the fist time. Photo by Tripp Robbins.

photo 19

Loaiza and the band run one of the beginning scenes.

photo 20

Cast members relax and socialize during a quick break after one hour of cold weather. Photo by Tripp Robbins.

Tech week is a very busy time for the student actors and actresses in the production. Finding time for quick breaks to relax and socialize is necessary for these students because of the demanding schedule of tech week.