Steve and Sally: Relationship Advice

Q: They are two girls who are cute and who like me. I could see myself with both of them, but I cannot decide. What do I do?

Sally:

Hate to point out the obvious to you, but you’re going to have to pick one soon. Leading girls on, especially two at a time, can quickly become a messy situation. It can end in tears, having your car saran wrapped or egged, but above all, it could end with one of the girls getting hurt. Since you probably don’t want to scrape egg shells off your car or get a new paint job, you need to weigh your options and make a decision pronto.

Weigh the pros and cons and think about which girl makes you happiest and brings out the best in you. Take note of who you think about more frequently. Choose the girl that you could talk to for hours and never get bored. Think about who you want to be with through your best and worst moments. You want a girl who you can be comfortable and dorky with– your relationship should be a judge-free zone.

At the end of the day, if you are still struggling to decide, ask yourself whether or not you really want something more with either of them. If it’s this hard for you to pick, you probably don’t feel that strongly about either of them. Don’t jump into a relationship just for the sake of having one. Bouncing back and forth between two girls who you don’t feel strongly about isn’t fair to anyone involved. Think about how you really feel.

TL;DR: Think about your feelings and who you would really be happier with and make a decision ASAP. If you are still struggling, don’t feel like you need to jump into a relationship if you really don’t feel strongly about either of them.

Steve:

Oh dearest reader, if this is you, you are walking on very, very thin ice.

See, here’s the thing: I don’t hate the player, I hate the game. Many men throughout the past 2,000 years of history have attempted to gold medal in double-dipping, only to fall flat on their face before even starting the race. Case in point, this is not a new issue, and somebody here is about to get hurt; there’s no avoiding that.

So before brazenly making a Lebron James-esque type of decision with big stakes, for the love of humanity sit down and just think for a minute. Bring in all the homies, have them chillax on your second-hand couch that you bought at the thrift store two months ago, and ask some big-time questions.

While it’s not your friends decision, finding someone you can really trust for advice is key in this situation. Go to someone who you see everyday, and even more importantly, someone you know will give trustworthy and mature advice. Maybe your trusted friend is that homie that you met after spilling ketchup all over his brand new jorts his mother bought for him for fourth grade picture day. Or, maybe it’s your great uncle’s mother twice removed. Whomever it may be, ask for real, honest advice.

In the end, it is your decision. Only you know how truly happy you’ll feel with either potential future mate. As long as you don’t make the fateful mistake of trying to play two cards at once, the choice you’ll end up making is the one that will feel right at the moment. Maybe you’ll look back and say it was the wrong decision, but hindsight is always devious. Whatever you do, just be confident with who you pick.

TL;DR : This is ultimately your decision. As long as you have your thinking cap on, are mature, and 95% confident in your decision, make a move on one, but not both. I don’t want to see anyone get killed here.