Best and Worst Dressed on the Golden Globes Red Carpet

As usual during awards season, many choose to voice opinions on red carpet looks. Juniors Gracie Hammond and Gillian Bressie share some of the looks they loved and some that weren’t their favorites from last night’s Golden Globes. Creative Commons Photo: Pete Dutton on Wikipedia.

By Gracie Hammond and Gillian Bressie

The Best:
Mandy Moore: We love the sleekness of her dress mixed with the accented waist and plunging neckline

Regina King: The gorgeous texture of the dress along with the striking color and shape makes this dress a win.

Olivia Culpo: Olivia’s updo and intense eyeshadow balance her dress perfectly without making the look appear too busy. The criss-cross top and detail on the dress are beautiful.

Lily Collins: The pink color of the dress and the intricate floral detailing make Collins look like a true fairytale princess. The lace overlay and short sleeves worked really well and looked classy and elegant.

Emma Stone: Stone rocked a sheer dress with star detailing and matched it nicely with a diamond choker necklace and neutral makeup and hair.

Gina Rodriguez: Gina looked absolutely stunning last night in a flapper-style gown. We loved the deep v neck and short train. Her hair tied in impeccably with vintage waves and her styling worked perfectly with her look. We thought that her simple earrings were a perfect choice.

Naomie Harris: The texture and silhouette of her form-fitting metallic gown looked incredible last night as she stepped out on the red carpet. We loved her hair in elegant waves and her gorgeous diamond earrings. Her look felt like a modern take on old hollywood and we loved it.

Reese Witherspoon: We love the delicate, youthful yellow color of the dress. The high leg slit ensures that the dress doesn’t look too conservative but remained classy and elegant. We were also huge fans of her styling, with simple makeup, an updo and side-swept bangs.

Jennifer Lawrence: We dig the the ab and back cutouts in Lawrence’s dress. Her statement necklace and red lipstick finish the look of perfectly.

The Worst:
Natalie Portman:Though we appreciate her attempt to channel Jackie, we didn’t love the end result. Without the hemline and sleeve beading and in a different color we would have loved it, but as is, it’s not our favorite.

Felicity Jones: The ruffles,bows, and tulle was a lot in addition to the baby pink color. The see through quality of the bodice and the heavy black detailing on the hemline left us confused.

Thandie Newton: While we always appreciate an attempt to mix it up on the red carpet, we felt like the flame looking detailing was over the top. Though balanced with a simple white dress with a nice silhouette, the appliqué lacked elegance.

Jessica Biel: This dress had a lot of potential but the proportions are way off. With the deep neckline and high cut side slit, the dress failed to balance out the amount of skin she was showing and felt uneven. Continued with the crazy skirt and hip detail, we felt there was just too much skin showing.

Nicole Kidman: She sort of looks like a snow fairy turned goth and we’re not feeling it. The sleeves were a little bit crazy and overall we just thought there was too much going on.

Sarah Jessica Parker: We didn’t love the puffy sleeves combined with her strange twisted updo. If she ripped off the sleeves it would be fine, but as is it’s not our favorite.

Claire Foy: While her hair and makeup was elegant and simple, her dress was not. The sleeves in combination with the head to toe sequins with the mismatched belt didn’t work well at all. Claire took home a golden globe last night but she certainly won’t be taking home any best dressed awards.

Janelle Monáe: High-low skirts are almost always tacky regardless, but the bubble skirt silhouette makes it even worse. In combination with the black tulle, polka dots, and sequins this dress didn’t work at all.

Kerry Washington:The combination of the armor esque sleeves and the yellow floral textile didn’t quite work. We also aren’t too crazy about the length. Regardless, her hair and makeup looks stunning.