Logan Wilson Commits to Wellesley College for Volleyball

In October of 2023, senior Logan Wilson committed to playing volleyball as a middle blocker at Wellesley College in Massachusetts. 

Wilson has been playing volleyball for seven years; however, volleyball was not always her main sport. She swam competitively throughout elementary school and even attended the Junior Olympics and Far Western, two qualifying nationals, in fifth grade. “[In sixth grade], one of my [swim] teammates introduced me to volleyball and I went to tryouts,” Wilson said. “I think I got on the team because I was tall, even though I wasn’t good.”

Wilson fully committed to volleyball in eighth grade by quitting swimming and practicing beach volleyball during the summer. She began her Menlo volleyball career as a freshman on varsity and continued to play for the team for the rest of high school, engaging in off-season lift and outside club practice.

Wilson’s teammate and fellow senior Bella Chen believes Wilson has been an amazing asset to the Menlo volleyball team throughout high school. “Logan is such a great teammate and is so supportive,” Chen said. “She was born to be an outside [hitter] but forced to be a middle [blocker] since she loves hitting, which just shows her versatility and capability.”

Wilson knew she wanted to go to school on the East Coast and looked into eight different colleges as possibilities. Wilson began talking to the volleyball head coach of Wellesley in her junior year, and the coach took considerable interest in Wilson after a couple of months of watching her play. In September of 2023, Wilson was offered an official school visit to Wellesley and she was overcome by the friendliness of the team and how helpful and engaging the professors were. 

Wilson was originally wary of the idea of going to a women’s college. “[But] the more I learned about the school the more I just fell in love with it.”

Heading into college, Wilson hopes to help out her team by being a flexible player who can play any position if asked to. Despite Wellesley’s academically rigorous curriculum, she knows she will be a part of a supportive community that will help her thrive athletically and academically. And, Wilson said, playing volleyball allows her to have friends she can trust throughout college. 

“I’m looking forward to having an amazing built-in group of friends that will support me throughout college and getting to play the sport I love at an amazing school for the next four years,” she said.