Senioritis is a True Medical Affliction (…I think)

I’m not sure how scientifically accurate this is, but it would seem that the reception of a college acceptance letter automatically triggers the neurons responsible for any and all higher brain function to shut off.  Instead of routing neurotransmitters to sections of the brain where academic functions take place, it feels like they have all been re-routed to the section of the brain that allows for maximum relaxation.  Despite the fact that first semester senior year finals very much so matter, many no longer feel like straining for them.

Once faced with a couple exams and an impending project, many are finding that their safety schools are looking awfully academically elite now that grades just aren’t looking like they’ll be maintained.  The wash of relief that comes with acceptance to college also has the side effect of dragging seniors into a malaise.  Any academic topic that isn’t interesting to you or that was maybe a mistake of a course selection now officially begs the question, “what amount of work in this class will get me a b-?”  Now this is definitely not a positive trend as if you spend your time at an elite academic institution just trying to stay afloat, you kind of missed the point and probably possess a healthy dose of lazy in your personality.

That being said, it’s fine to detox and unwind in order to maintain your health and sanity, but the fact that this is gonna happen for the entirety of second semester probably crosses into apathetic and lethargic category.  However, that probably still won’t be stopping me.