A Note to CoA Readers

To our readers and the Menlo community,

Head of School Than Healy recently emailed the Menlo community with the tragic news that sophomore Michael Enright died on Monday, Jan. 18, after sustaining injuries during a car accident on Jan. 16. The school held a special assembly via Zoom on Jan. 19 to address the event, honor Enright and offer counseling resources to students.

As Menlo’s student publication, we hope our platform will help support our community in the coming days. We have always strived to produce meaningful reporting, and we are working especially hard right now to serve the Menlo community constructively. In future stories, we plan to commemorate Enright as well as clarify facts about the car accident.

We would also like to note that The Coat of Arms will continue to publish content as usual in our online and print publications. We believe that continuity and creating a historical record remain important, and we hope our consistency in publishing Menlo-related stories provides a source of comfort to readers.

We understand that students, staff and families are experiencing a range of reactions. The Coat of Arms remains committed, as always, to creating a positive impact on all of our readers to our best ability.

The Coat of Arms Editorial Board