The happy holidays

It is finally the season to spread the holiday cheer.

Ellie Lieberman | Staff Reporter

With only a few weeks of school until Winter Break, the administration and the Happiness Club are buckling down to make Finals as happy as possible. Some of these changes have been in effect for weeks now, but a few have never been implemented.

For example, an end-early day each week is mandatory for all Menlo sports teams giving student-athletes more time to do homework. Also, homework cannot be given for breaks, so students should look for a relaxing Thanksgiving. However, the administration is putting a new idea into effect which is more breaks.

“We’re going to do more things like we did last week where we just had break time […] and just tried to have social time together,” Dean of Sophomores, Joanie Banks said, referring to a break scheduled after an upcoming assembly on Gratitude.

On top of that the Happiness Club is putting in components to add to the Holiday excitement. Not only has the club become a favorite at Menlo, but they’re contributing more often with plans every month. In the past the club has “Booed” classrooms for Halloween, created chalk murals and hosted Bake and Takes.

“We plan to do holiday related happiness events [to get everybody in the holiday] spirit,” sophomore, and Happiness Club member, Sophia Davirro said. What that may be is unknown, but in the past the club has made an effort to bring puppies to the school during finals.

No matter what goes on during the Holiday season, an important thing to remember is that it is the season of giving. After all, that’s what makes the Happiness Club so successful.

“[Happiness] comes from within. It’s great to receive things, but it just feels good to do things [for others],” advisor of the Happiness Club Brad Ward said.