Menlo sports recap week of March 2

Menlo sports recap week of March 2

Two winter teams wrapped up their seasons while one advanced. Meanwhile, spring sports are in full rhythm…

Jack Hammond | Sports Editor & Co-Online Editor

WINTER SPORTS

Boys Basketball: The boys won their semifinals game in dominating fashion over Terra Nova before losing in the CCS championship to #1 seeded Santa Cruz 59-53. Senior Liam Dunn led the team in both games with 22 and 25 points respectively.

Girls Basketball: The girls won their third consecutive CCS championship on Saturday over Notre Dame Belmont. They will move on to NorCals Tuesday night.

Girls Soccer: Menlo lost in penalty kicks in the CCS semifinals to Sacred Heart Cathedral last week. The teams entered penalty kicks tied 1-1, but unfortunately lost on tough bounces in penalties. 

SPRING SPORTS

Baseball: Boys baseball lost last Wednesday at home to Kings Academy 5-2 before winning a huge game the following day 6-5 at Carlmont.

Boys Tennis: The boys won the California Classic at Fresno this past weekend. The team only dropped one match and proved to be one of the best teams in California.

Boys Lacrosse: Lacrosse dropped their season opener 14-7 to powerhouse Bellarmine. However, the team bounced back later in the week with a road win at Mountain View 5-4.