Student Council Update: September 9

Wondering what Student Council is up to? Here are a few quick updates.

Lucy Heneghan | Online Editor

Here’s What We Discussed This Week:

• Mr. Schafer came in to address council that he wants to build a stronger direct connection to the student body. To help generate this stronger connection, he asked for suggestions from the members on council. Ideas that were tossed around included “office hours”, in which students would be able to ask Mr. Schafer questions, as well as a potential online blog/article from him. Mr. Schafer will come to council the second Wednesday of every month to check in and ask for student support with his ongoing projects. 
  • The first Community Circle meeting is tomorrow, Thursday September 10. Council members and the entire student body are invited to come to the first meeting, where we will discuss how future Community Circle meetings should be run. Lunch will be provided. 
  • Council members created categories for year-long committees, and signed up for ones that he/she would like to participate in. These committees tackle anything from spirit week to working with the cafeteria staff about food. The committees include: Fun Squad (spirit), Sustainability, Freshmen Transition, Communications, Student Life, Food, Assemblies, Community Service, Menlo/SHP Communication, and Diversity. If you are interested in being connected to a committee, please contact me at [email protected].