The Do’s and Don’ts of SoulCycle

The Do’s and Don’ts of SoulCycle

SoulCycle is a certified new trend. Here are some Do’s and Don’ts 

Maudie Frye and Kaitlin Baldwin | Staff Reporters

In the world of Soul, there are many do’s and don’ts. Unfortunately, these guidelines are not common knowledge among outsiders or new riders. Although some of us are guilty of breaking these rules, we all must learn. If you follow these, you will seem like a true SoulCycle warrior.

Do’s:
Befriend your fave instructor. Side note, Kamelle follows me on Instagram. Nuff said.
Bring your own water bottle. You get bonus points if it’s a Swell.
Wear deodorant. C’mon y’all, common courtesy.
Wear crazy patterned yoga pants, they’re so in right now.
Give yourself an hour for your soul class, not 45 minutes.
Actually turn the resistance wheel and actually tap it back. They’re watching you.
Shout out in class!! The higher the energy, the better the ride.
Go to a hot instructor’s class. Preferably John’s… he’s on the same level of hotness as McDreamy.

Don’ts:
Do not wear shorts unless you want your legs to chaffe.
If you attend Pinkberry after SoulCycle, you are basically eating the calories that you just worked to burn off.
Do not get discouraged when the person next to you is a beast and is using five pound weights. Normal warriors use two or three pounders.
Say bon-voyage to your cell phone during class, don’t be the person who has their phone go off and disrupt the mood.
Do not talk to the person next to you. Soulcycle is moving mediation.
Do not cancel the day of class, it does not fly with the people at the back desk.
Do not sit in the front row on your first ride. This is just going to cause you first-ride anxiety.