Spirit Week Series: TV Thursday

TV show Thursday was a big success as it garnered participation from many students of all grades who dressed up as characters from popular television shows.

Eliza Crowder | Copy Editor

Today students were spotted on campus in all sorts of creative costumes that related to different television shows. The theme of each class was assigned by student council a week in advance. This allowed students to properly prepare for this spirit day, whether that meant ordering a quick costume online or running to the store to get the perfect outfit for their assigned TV show. 

Although not pictured here, the freshman class was assigned “Suite Life on Deck,” an old Disney Channel show that starred a set of twin brothers living on a cruise ship. Students sported both sailor and beach-inspired outfits to play along with the theme.

Photo courtesy of Kathryn Wilson.

The sophomores were assigned “Game of Thrones,” a medieval drama including many different kings, queens, knights and more in battle. Sophomores dressed in long gowns and colorful crowns to properly imitate various characters from the show. IMG_4178-1

Photo courtesy of Jessica Houghton.

The junior class dressed up in everything from scrubs to hospital gowns in order to mimic characters from the hit medical drama “Grey’s Anatomy.” In the image above, a large group of junior girls pose as the characters do in the actual television show. 

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Photo courtesy of Katelyn Aoyama.

Because their assigned TV show was “Animal Planet,” the seniors disguised themselves as all sorts of different farm and zoo animals scattered about the quad. Pictured above are seniors William Hsieh, Paige Pietrofesa, and Katelyn Aoyama, who are posing with a stuffed giraffe that remained on the senior quad throughout the day.

This year, student council decided it would be fun if the teachers were more involved in the spirit week. Thus, teachers were assigned to dress up as the TV show “Mad Men.” 

unnamed-1

Photo by Zoey Lieberman.

The spirit activity completed during break was a partner relay that finished with apple-bobbing. This activity, which consisted of a boy and girl from each grade who worked together to complete a series of challenges, has always been a favorite among the student body.

Challenges included throwing cheese puffs onto a partner’s shaving cream covered head and balancing a balloon between the two partners’ stomachs. The relay concluded with a final challenge where one partner had to bob for an apple.

The juniors won a spirit point by completing the series of challenges first. Pictured above is junior Tiago Bonchristiano searching for apples in the bucket of water. 

Because today was a TV show inspired day, the lunch activity was “Name That Themesong” competition.

As another exciting and fun filled spirit day comes to a conclusion, students can’t wait for the final spirit day — Menlo Friday.