A kind act on a cold day

photo by Jason Hill (Flickr)

Junior Hunter Listwin stopped to help man pull car over yesterday

Lauren Yang | Staff Reporter    Photo: Jason Hill (Flickr)

Early yesterday morning, junior Hunter Listwin pulled over to help an elderly man with a malfunctioning car at a Alameda De Las Pulgas stop sign.

Senior Caroline Sharpe witnessed the scene. “[Listwin] was right in front of the car […] and when he noticed the man’s hazard lights go on, he pulled over [… ] and got out of his car,” Sharpe said.

Listwin, after asking permission to help the man, tied a tow strap to the man’s car and successfully helped him pull the car to the side of the road. After helping him, the man thanked Listwin.

The man did not speak English, but that did not stop Listwin from helping him. “I thought getting the message across would be difficult, but it was really easy,” Listwin said.

One of the reasons Listwin helped the man was because he realized that rush hour traffic was blocked. He also stated that if he was in the same situation he would want to get out of the way to not block others. “Also, I had a change of clothes, the recover kit I always carry around, extra time and a capable vehicle. I have no excuse to not help him,” Listwin said.