Knights trounce South San Francisco at home

The Menlo Knights took on the SF Warriors in the first football game of the season!

Lucy Heneghan | Copy Editor & Assistant Sports Editor

This Friday afternoon, our Knights dominated the South San Francisco Warriors 21-0, an impressive first game for the Knights.

In the middle of the first quarter, with 4:35 left on the clock, D’ambra spotted senior Sam Ferguson downfield and threw a 35-yard touchdown pass for the Knights. After Marren’s conversion, the Knights secured a 7-0 lead.

Midway through the second quarter with the ball spotted on the 12-yard line, D’ambra spotted Jack Marren in the end zone and completed the pass for the Knight’s second touchdown. Marren’s conversion was good as Menlo took a 14-0 lead.

With 1:34 left in the half, D’ambra bounced it to Jack Marren who connected with senior receiver #10 Michael Reed. This trick play was executed to perfection as the bounce made it seem as though the play had gone wrong, followed by a quick pass to Reed for the last touchdown before the half.

The second half was scoreless and the game was prolonged due to two injuries for the Warriors.

The game ended with the Knights shutting out the Warriors with a final score of Menlo: 21 and South San Francisco: 0. The Knights held the Warriors to 129 yards total, with most of those yards being from rushing.

Not only a great first game for the Knights, but their first shut out since September 28 2012 when Menlo beat Mills 40-0. Sea of Gold deserves a huge shout out for having such a large attendance number during the first half. The energy coming from the stands supported the players in the first domination of the season.

“Heneghan’s report was originally posted on Prep2Prep.com”

The Menlo Knights took on the SF Warriors in the first football game of the season! The Menlo Knights took on the SF Warriors in the first football game of the season!