We already know we are stressed

We get the point. High school students are always stressed.

Becky Swig | Editor-in-Chief

We are high school students. Our job is to stress about schoolwork, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t happy. That doesn’t mean our live suck. Last year, we had numerous psychotherapists come speak to us about stress, happiness, college, and sleep. After the second, we all knew what the problem was. We have to juggle all the different elements of our high school lives, and so we sacrifice sleep.

We don’t need to bring more attention to the fact that high school is busy and stressful, or that as seniors, this is the most crucial part to our high school career. We don’t need to have speakers at every class meeting or assembly reminding us that college apps are due soon, or that “We are all going to be okay, and we will all get into a college.” I am pretty sure a majority of us already know that. We know that wherever we go, we will be happy, but we still want to strive for our dream schools too.

I am not stressed about not getting in to a college, I am stressed because we have so many people constantly reminding us of the pressure we are under, or that we need to work really hard right now.

As high school students, it is nearly impossible to escape stress, but we do have the ability to not be stressed all of the time. Even though I have a lot of work, I am still happy because I am not thinking about my stress all of the time. Except when I go to class meeting. That is probably why our numbers at class meeting are low. People don’t want the reminder that this is a stressful time, that we have to do all of this work, and that we need to step it up. We are well aware of these facts.

Although I have a lot going on in my life, I am not stressed to the point of breaking. I still have my activities that I love, the downtime I need. I am completely fine, and do not need to hear another lecture about what is expected of me. I am well aware of what I have to do in order to be happy, so stop badgering me about everything going on.