Students perform for Menlo’s Got Talent

Students perform in the CADC lobby in front of an audience of faculty. Staff photos: Samantha Stevens.

By Samantha Stevens 

Parents, faculty, and students gathered in the Creative Arts and Design Center (CADC) during lunch today to watch Menlo students showcase their musical talents. Performers ranged from 8th graders to even a Menlo alumna.

The performance was kicked off with a special guest appearance from 8th graders Tessa Frantz, Uma Misha, and Kate Richardson, along with alumna Katy Robinson Schwartz ‘95. The four of them sang The “Spirit Trio” from Mozart’s Magic Flute with english teacher Nick Romeo accompanying them on the piano.

Following the middle schoolers, the Opera Club, including sophomore Ethan Yan, freshman Vivek Veluvali, and juniors Adrian Kalaw, Jay Chiruvolu, and Will Buxton, performed Deh Vieni alla Finestra from the opera Don Giovanni. Romeo accompanied them on the piano.

The Women’s Glee Club sang Perfect by Ed Sheeran with chorus teacher Karen Linford on the piano. The club meets every Thursday.

The short talent show was concluded with Haydn’s Trio No. 38 in D Major for piano, cello, and violin, featuring junior Alejandro Ross, sophomore Seiji Yang, and freshman Daniel Tan.